Wednesday 9 July 2014

a week of preparing

I seem to have spent the last few days preparing for things.

The 100 day project starts of Friday, I have decided to stitch all my faces so I have prepared my fabric. Looks like a huge number of squares to fill!!

 
Also I have framed up and drawn on a new piece of work. I have recently met an amazing team of people who paint traditional Icons. We are planning on working together on some future projects so I am stitching an icon so they can see how they will look stitched. This is Saint Clare who is the patron saint of needle workers. She will have a long and short face and a goldwork halo. 

 
And on Sunday I am off to New Plymouth to teach at the Embroiderers guild conference. 3 Days of working with faces and a 1 day children's class. Yet again no room in the suitcase for clothes, thank goodness for hand luggage! Maybe I need a bigger suitcase, or take less stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment