Monday 29 July 2013

Spider 53 and weekend fun

 
I recently found a very cool book in our library about graffiti art. It got me thinking how I could get the feel of spray paint onto fabric but not make the fabric stiff because I still want to stitch into it. So over the weekend, the sun was out so I made up some dye and put it in a pressurised garden sprayer that I use to spray my grapes if they get mildew. I taped my fabric onto the drive and got spraying. My friend who lives across the road thought I was very carefully cleaning my drive until I pegged the fabric up to dry. I now have dye marks on the drive but I am certain they will wash off! The effect was great, I think I need a smaller sprayer or bigger fabric as it was quite hard to control. But I washed the pieces and they look pretty good. I think I will just quilt them like a whole cloth quilt.
 
 


Spider 53/100

2 comments:

  1. love the spray painting just remember not to use the sprayer now for your grapes or they might end up random colours!! you said you wanted to control it a bit more you could use a pump spray bottle (like you get for misting olive oil) I've seen ones for art/dye use for a few quid each or looking on art van go they sell a cheap air brush-just a thought xxx love the kiss quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh also meant to say my mum had a friend that used to scrub her driveway with bleach on a regular basis- she obviously had too much time on her hands!!

    ReplyDelete