Thursday 7 May 2015

random sketches

I keep a sketch book all the time, just to note down ideas or thoughts for pieces of work. I have a pile of old sketch books in the studio. There are ideas in them that ended up as pieces of work and some ideas that never got stitched. Ideas are all around us and time does not always allow us to drop everything and start a new piece of work there and then. I use a sketch book to remember the idea when I have time to do something about it.

designs from a book about Kantha, quilts made in Bengal using mainly running stitch.
Ideas for a workshop


Kit reading one night

Workings for a quilt, maybe, based on the lino in our toilet!
 
 
I am off to teach in Wellington for the weekend, I am staying with my parents, 1st mothers day with my mum in about 15 years.

1 comment:

  1. Have a lovely mothers day:) Amazing what you can think up on the loo!!

    ReplyDelete