Wednesday 31 October 2012

work delivered


I have just delivered my work to the gallery in Pukekohe for the exhibition that opens on Saturday.
This piece of work has been used on the flyer's which looks great. They are showing  the contemporary side to embroidery as well as the traditional by having some of my work ( about 10 pieces ) hung alongside the guild display. I am doing a artist talk at the opening so people will be able to ask me questions about the work. Viva magazine, which is put out with the main Auckland newspaper are planning to do a short piece about the exhibition next week so that will be great. Its always good to have embroidery seen in mainstream media.

The opening of the Big Quilt Show is on Friday night. I am really looking forward to seeing what the other quilts look like.





No comments:

Post a Comment